School Bus Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are in effect at all times when students ride the bus. This applies to the regular bus routes as well as extracurricular activities such as field trips and athletic trips. A violation on one of these rules could lead to denial of the privilege of riding the school bus.
- Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops. Driver will designate a place of safety to wait.
- Behavior at school bus stop must not threaten life, limb, or property of any individual.
- Pupils must go directly to their assigned seat.
- Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear.
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language.
- Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons.
- Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
- Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except as required medical reasons.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
- Pupils must carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps.
- Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put their heads or arms out of the windows.
- Pupils must leave and board the bus through the front door except in case of an emergency.
- Pupils must not bring glass objects on the bus.
- Pupils must not bring live animals on the bus.